
I can’t believe its that time already. It sure was fun to pack all my stuff with one arm after falling on my elbow at camp last week. Don’t ask me how, but I actually managed to fit everything in my tiny Corolla, including the cornhole tables i just finished painting (the fumes were fun) and my 2 kayaks.
Before I left this morning, I decided to go out to breakfast with Mel and Vin. My mom was her normal fearful self...”Aren’t there gonna be alligators in the water down there while you kayak?”, and “There’s two hurricanes coming your way.” Apparently she also thinks I’m still 6 years old because she gave me the “Don’t talk to strangers” speech and wanted me to call her every time I stopped for gas and food. After reminding her that I’ve done this for the past 3 years, I finally got on the road at about 9. My plan was to stop in Blacksburg for the night, then meet up with some people and set off for Mississippi tomorrow morning.
I love how the trip down to VT gets easier each time I do it. The 8 hour drive is so quick now, maybe because I put my portable DVD player on the passengers seat and listen to movies. (Today was Jurassic Park and 30 Rock, of course) However, I was a little apprehensive this time because I had the kayaks on the roof, but they were fine up there, even while I drove through torrential rain In Virginia.
Currently, I’m in my empty apartment in Blacksburg. Hopefully I’ll fall asleep early since I have to wake up at 5:30 to meet Zack and Megan. Wish me luck driving through the Dirty South tomorrow, I don’t even know what to expect.
Peace,
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment